1 cup sushi rice
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 tsp organic raw sugar
1/4 tsp salt
Poke bowl toppings:
2 salmon filets, approximately 400g, skin-off, diced
2 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
2 medium-size carrots, peeled and grated
1 avocado, sliced
1 cup, edamame beans, gently boiled
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp spicy sauce
2 tsp sesame seeds, roasted
For the marinade:
1/2 cup gluten-free soy sauce, I use Tamari
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, approximately 1/2 orange
3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, approximately 1/2 lemon
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1. Cook sushi rice according to instructions on the package.
2. In a measuring cup combine the marinade ingredients.
3. Place diced salmon in a medium-sized bowl and add the marinade. Cove and refrigerate the fish until ready to serve.
4. In a small bowl mix 1/4 cup rice vinegar, 1 tsp of sugar, and a pinch of salt. Mix well until sugar and salt are dissolved. Add the mixture to the cooked sushi rice and mix gently to combine.
5. Mix mayonnaise with the spicy sauce. Set aside.
6. Place some sushi rice on the bottom of a serving bowl. Top with marinated fish, diced cucumbers, grated carrots, sliced avocado, and steamed edamame. Add a dollop of mayonnaise and sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds.
The poke bowl is ready to be served! Enjoy!
The longer you marinated the salmon the more it will cook in the vinegar. If you prefer fresh salmon, just mix salmon and marinade 2-3 minutes before serving. I marinated the salmon for 30 minutes and it was amazing.
Keywords: Poke bowl, sushi bowl,