In a rice cooker (the easiest way)
Buckwheat is cooked just like your ordinary white rice.
- Start with steps 1 to 3 from the absorption method.
- 4. Transfer buckwheat into a rice cooker, 1 tbsp of unsalted butter, and water.
- 5. Turn on the rice cooker. Once the program has finished, let buckwheat sweat for another 10 minutes. Done.
In a pressure cooker
- 1-3. See the steps above.
- 4. Transfer rinsed, toasted buckwheat into the pressure cooker along with water.
- 5. Choose the RICE program. Once the program has finished, do not open buckwheat for another ten minutes. After 5 minutes buckwheat is ready to be served.
Water buckwheat ratio
For all the methods above the water to buckwheat ratio is 1 cup of raw buckwheat groats to 2 cups of water.