I have to admit this quick and delicious oats with caramelised pears recipe wasn’t planned to be on the blog. Because everyone knows how to cook oats, right? I cooked this quick oatmeal dish for lunch this week. Why? Because I was short of time, didn’t have much in the fridge, and felt like I need something warm and comforting. So, I cooked oats. I added some pears, spices, and cashew nuts to spice things up. To my big surprise, it turned out to be simply amazing and it was clear that I have to share this recipe with you guys. It is so, so good!
I will keep this post very short because I have already written about the health benefits of oats in my previous posts. Look at AMAZING ALMOND AND ORANGE OVERNIGHT OATS IN JUST 5 MINUTES or ABSOLUTELY AMAZING NO-BAKE COOKIE BITES THAT ARE GLUTEN-FREE AND GUILT-FREE to learn more if you are interested.
Quick and delicious oats with caramelised pears
- 1 cup of gluten-free oatmeal
- 1 cup of your favourite milk. I used a mix of coconut and almond milk from Nutty Bruce
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 pear diced in little cubes
- 1/2 pear thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts roughly chopped (you can substitute with almonds, walnuts or any other nuts you prefer)
- 1 tsp coconut oil or grass-fed butter
- 1/2 tsp raw honey
- pinch of salt
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine oatmeal, milk, water, diced pears, maple syrup, salt, and spices and bring to simmer.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes until oats are nice and creamy.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil or butter in a small frying pan. Add 1/2 spoon of honey and add the sliced pears to the pan. Fry the pears for a couple of minutes until the pears have caramelised and look golden. Take them out and place them on a plate.
- Put your oats in a bowl, add pears and nuts and enjoy!