These little Thai meatballs are absolutely perfect for any occasion. Mid-week family dinner? Fancy party food idea? School lunch boxes? They’ve got you covered. Don’t forget to pin the recipe! Enjoy!
500g organic or free-range chicken mince. I prefer using the thigh mince.
1 free-range egg
1/2 cup gluten-free bread crumbs. (Read the post above for an idea if you don’t have any on hand)
1 tsp lemongrass paste (grate the white part of the lemongrass on a fine grater)
2 cm of fresh ginger, grated
2 garlic cloves, minced
2–3 kafir leaves, finely chopped
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp organic raw sugar
Olive oil for brushing
Lime and sweet chili sauce:
1/3 cup of store-bought good-quality sweet chili sauce
Freshly squeezed juice from 2 large limes
1 garlic clove minced
- Combine all the meatball ingredients in a bowl and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200’C (400’F) and prepare a baking tray.
- Once the mix has cooled, spoon some mixture into a tablespoon and roll little balls between your hands. If the mixture is sticky, wet your hands a little in water.
- Place the balls on a baking tray. Once all balls are rolled, brush them with some olive oil using a pastry brush.
- Bake the meatballs for 20-25 minutes.
- While your meatballs are cooking, prepare the lime and sweet chilli sauce by combining chilli sauce, lime juice and garlic.
- Take the chicken meatballs out and serve!
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: oven cooked
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Thai meatballs, chicken meatballs, chicken dinner