These Zucchini And Halloumi Fritters are fresh and light. They are very easy to make and are perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Gluten-free of course!
4 middle size zucchinis, approximately 500g, coarsely grated
200g halloumi cheese, coarsely grated
2 free-range eggs
1/2 cup of chopped dill
1/2 cup of gluten-free flour
1 tsp of gluten-free baking soda
olive oil for shallow-fry
1 cup of greek yoghurt
1 cup of mixed herbs of your choice. I used a mix of mint, dill and parsley
juice of 1/2 lemon
2. Coarsely grate halloumi cheese.
3. Meanwhile, make the dressing: place yoghurt, lemon juice and herbs in a food processor and whizz until smooth. Set aside.
4. Now using hands or a clean muslin squeeze all the liquid out of the zucchinis.
5. Add zucchini, eggs, halloumi and baking soda to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
6. Add gluten-free flour to the zucchini mix and mix well.
7. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Using a measuring cup or a large tablespoon spoon the mixture into the frying pan.
8. Fry the fritters for approximately 3 to 4 minutes on each side until they are nice and golden.
9. Take the fritters out of the frying pan and put them on the plate with the kitchen paper towels to remove excess oil. Keep warm.
10. Repeat with the remaining batter.
11. Now your fritters are ready to be served. Enjoy!
Keywords: gluten-free, zucchini, fritters