This cucumber avocado salad is extremely easy to make and it is so delicious. Crunchy cucumbers, creamy avocado combined with a tangy lime-cilantro dressing. BBQ party or midweek night dinner, you are all ready to go, in only 5 minutes!
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers or one medium-size continental cucumber, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 large avocado, diced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed or grated
- 1/4 chili flakes (optional, leave out if making for young kids)
- 1 tbsp of freshly chopped coriander or parsley leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a small jar, combine all the dressing ingredients, shake well, and set aside.
- Wash and cut cucumbers and avocado, put in a salad bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the cucumber and avocado and mix gently to combine. Serve immediately or cover tightly with the glad wrap and refrigerate.
If you want to make this salad a little bit ahead of time, make sure you stop the avocado from getting brown. Simply toss already cubed avocado with some lemon or lime juice, before adding the avocado to the cut cucumber. Add dressing into the bowl with the cucumber and avocado, mix gently, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
To prevent the cucumber from getting soggy, only add salt immediately before serving.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: salad
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: cucumber salad, cucumber and avocado, cucumber avocado salad, cilantro lime dressing