Here comes the new way to roast potatoes! Keep reading to find out what makes this potato recipe the BEST recipe for roast potatoes ever. Hint: it has a secret ingredient - lemon.
Hands up if you like roast potatoes. Warm, golden, crispy, delicious! Do I need to say any more? But wait, it is more. These potatoes have a secret step in cooking them. They are soaked in a delicious mix of chicken stock (you can use vegetable stock as well), spices and lemon juice. Because of this, you don't need to use any butter to make them moist, which will reduce your calorie intake, in case you do care) and they will taste absolutely amazing!
I like to use baby potatoes to roast, as they cook faster and have a sweeter taste. Baby potatoes also have thinner skin and don't have to be peeled. Time saver!
This recipe is absolutely fool proof. You mix all the ingredients, pour it in a large baking dish, add potatoes and bake them until the liquid is absorbed and potatoes are nice and golden. It is really that simple.
What to serve the roast potatoes with?
And here is the best recipe for roast potatoes (with lemon)
The best recipe for roast potatoes with lemon
- 800 g of baby potatoes cut into quarters or any other potatoes of your choice
- 1 cup of stock any stock can be used, chicken, bone broth, vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ lemon juiced approximately ¼ of a cup
- Start by preheating your oven to 200'C (400'F)
- Wash and cut the potatoes and place them in a roasting pan. The bigger the wedges the longer will be the roasting time.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour the mixture into the roasting pan. Toss well to make sure the potatoes are all nicely coated.
- Roast for about 20 minutes. Take the potatoes out and toss them again. Roast for further 20 minutes. The liquid should now all be absorbed and potatoes start to roast and get color.
- Roast then for another 5 to 10 minutes. Roast potatoes are ready to be served!