The only adobo chicken recipe you will ever need. So simple, so easy, and oh sooo delicious. No time to cook it now? Pin it for later!
6 chicken boneless, skinless chicken thighs
3 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped
1/3 cup of soy sauce (I use Tamari, which is gluten-free)
1/3 cup white vinegar
3 dry bay leaves (or fresh if you have)
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves minced
1 small onion, finely chopped (I actually used the white parts of the spring onions)
1 cup water
2 tsp of organic raw sugar
1/2 tsp whole black peppercorns
Spring onions and basmati rice to serve
- In a medium-size bowl combine the chicken thighs, soy sauce, white vinegar, garlic, and bay leaves. Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken for two minutes on each side. Keep the marinade. Take the chicken out and set it aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and fry the onions and garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining marinade, water, sugar, and peppercorns and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken thighs and let them cook on medium-low heat for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is very tender and the sauce became thick and sticky.
If your sauce hasn’t thickened during the cooking time, take the chicken out and simmer the sauce on its own for a couple of minutes. Add the chicken back into the frying pan and stir well so that the chicken is coated with this delicious sauce.
Your chicken is done! Sprinkle some spring onions and serve over the basmati rice.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Adobo chicken, chicken dinner, family-friendly dinner