This strawberry banana smoothie without yogurt is dairy-free, gluten-free, and refined-sugar free. It is a perfect smoothie if you want something delicious and nutritious at the same time.
Strawberry banana smoothie recipe without yogurt
- Strawberry banana smoothie recipe without yogurt
- Benefits of a strawberry banana smoothie
- Why should you make this strawberry and banana smoothie
- Ingredients for a strawberry banana smoothie without yogurt
- A word about milk
- How to make creamy strawberry and banana smoothie without yogurt?
- How to store strawberry banana smoothie?
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie without yogurt
Benefits of a strawberry banana smoothie
I love smoothies as they are a great way to incorporate fiber, vitamins, and minerals into your diet in the most delicious way. They make a great breakfast and are so much better than UP & GO liquid breakfasts that are so popular with kids.
This simple smoothie comes with a range of health benefits. One serving of this delicious drink will provide you with up to 70 percent of the recommended daily intake of Vitamin C, which comes from strawberries. Bananas are a good source of fiber and potassium.
Strawberries are also a great source of antioxidants and folate which makes them a great choice for pregnant women.
Why should you make this strawberry and banana smoothie
- Healthy. As we discussed above, this homemade smoothie comes with many health benefits.
- Quick breakfast. 5 minutes and 3 ingredients are all that is needed to make this smoothie. I agree it might not be as quick as grabbing UP&GO, but the benefits it has to offer far outweigh any store-bought breakfast smoothie by miles.
- Healthy snack. Smoothies are great options for a healthy snack.
- Budget-friendly. This simple smoothie provides a lot of much-needed nutrients and vitamins from only 3 ingredients. Unlike other smoothies, it doesn't require any more expensive ingredients such as chia seeds, flax seeds, or hemp seeds.
- Kid-friendly. Yes, your kids will absolutely love this smoothie and why wouldn't they, it tastes like a delicious strawberry milkshake. A perfect sweet treat 😉
- Dairy-free. If you are using dairy-free milk, this smoothie is dairy-free.
- Gluten-free. All ingredients in this recipe are 100% gluten-free. When choosing milk, don't forget that oat milk might be not suitable for people with celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
Ingredients for a strawberry banana smoothie without yogurt
This delicious smoothie requires only 3 ingredients! Yes, that's right. Three simple ingredients.
- Ripe bananas, frozen. You could use fresh bananas, but frozen bananas add a creamy texture to the smoothie. Plus it tastes better when it is cold, especially on a warm summer day.
- Frozen or fresh strawberries.
- Milk. You can use any milk you prefer. Dairy milk, coconut milk, cashew milk or almond milk are all great choices. I do not recommend using soy milk unless it is organic and oat milk unless it is certified gluten-free.
See the full list of ingredients in the recipe card below.
A word about milk
Be very careful when shopping for plant milk. More often than not, they contain a lot of unhealthy ingredients such as thickeners, flavors, added sugar, and preservatives. Remember just because it is marketed as healthy, it doesn't mean it is actually good for you.
Good plant milk should contain only a couple of ingredients. For example, unsweetened almond milk that is made from almonds and water is a good choice.
If you use dairy milk, choose whole milk (full cream milk).
Optional add ons
Like with any smoothie you can add as few or as many ingredients as you like. Here are a couple of ideas you might want to try:
- Fresh spinach. Especially baby spinach is very mild in taste and will hardly affect the taste of your smoothie. Spinach is an excellent source of many vitamins and minerals. Add a handful of this superfood to your strawberry banana smoothie.
- Peanut butter or almond butter. One tablespoon of either of them is a great way to add some healthy fats to your diet.
- Maple syrup. This healthy strawberry banana smoothie is naturally sweet, but if you feel like you need a little more sweetness, add a teaspoon of maple syrup. Pure maple syrup is high in antioxidants, and nutrients like riboflavin, zinc, magnesium, calcium, and potassium.
- Vanilla extract. Absolutely optional, but a great addition if you like vanilla flavor.
- Protein powder. You can add a serving of your favorite protein powder for extra protein.
- Ice cubes. Add 5-6 ice cubes if you like your smoothie extra cold or if using unfrozen fresh bananas.
How to make creamy strawberry and banana smoothie without yogurt?
Now we have spoken about what we will need, let's have a look at how to make a creamy strawberry banana smoothie without any yogurt.
To make a creamy smoothie you will need a good blender. A high powered blender such as Nutribullet or Thermomix could be helpful.
Place frozen banana slices, fresh strawberries, and milk in the blender and process until the smoothie has reached a creamy and silky consistency.
How to store strawberry banana smoothie?
You might want to double this recipe so you can enjoy the second half later in the day. Simply refrigerate the leftover smoothie in an airtight container until needed. However, make sure to consume it on the same day, it will lose its health benefits if refrigerated for longer.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie without yogurt
- 1 large or 2 small frozen bananas, approximately half a cup.
- 1 handful of ripe strawberries, approximately 80 grams.
- 1 cup of milk of your choice.
- Place all ingredients along with any add ons, if using, in a food processor and blend until the smoothie has reached a silky, creamy consistency.
What are your favorite smoothie recipes? Let me know in the comments below.
Such a fantastic strawberry banana smoothie recipe! I love that there's no yogurt in this recipe, it makes the taste so much sweeter!
Das sieht so appetitlich aus und die Farbe....
This recipe is great. It's so easy and healthy and my kids can make it themselves.