This strawberry banana smoothie without yogurt is dairy-free, gluten-free, and refined-sugar free. It is a perfect smoothie if you want something delicious and nutritious at the same time.
Strawberry banana smoothie recipe without yogurt
Why should you make this strawberry and banana smoothie
- Quick breakfast. 5 minutes and 3 ingredients are all that is needed to make this smoothie. I agree it might not be as quick as grabbing UP&GO, but the benefits it has to offer far outweigh any store-bought breakfast smoothie by miles.
- Budget-friendly. This simple smoothie provides a lot of much-needed nutrients and vitamins from only 3 ingredients. Unlike other smoothies, it doesn’t require any more expensive ingredients such as chia seeds, flax seeds, or hemp seeds.
- Kid-friendly. Yes, your kids will absolutely love this smoothie and why wouldn’t they, it tastes like a delicious strawberry milkshake. A perfect sweet treat 😉
- Dairy-free. If you are using dairy-free milk, this smoothie is dairy-free.
- Gluten-free. All ingredients in this recipe are 100% gluten-free. When choosing milk, don’t forget that oat milk might be not suitable for people with celiac disease or gluten intolerance. If you decide to drink oat milk, it is recommended to only choose those that are labeled or certified gluten-free.
Ingredients for a strawberry banana smoothie without yogurt
This delicious smoothie requires only 3 ingredients! Yes, that’s right. Three simple ingredients.
- Ripe bananas, frozen. You could use fresh bananas, but frozen bananas add a creamy texture to the smoothie. Plus it tastes better when it is cold, especially on a warm summer day.
- Frozen or fresh strawberries.
- Milk. You can use any milk you prefer. Dairy milk, coconut milk, cashew milk or almond milk are all great choices. I do not recommend using soy milk unless it is organic and oat milk unless it is certified gluten-free.
See the full list of ingredients in the recipe card below.
Optional add ons
Like with any smoothie you can add as few or as many ingredients as you like. Here are a couple of ideas you might want to try:
- Fresh spinach. Baby spinach is very mild in taste and will hardly affect the taste of your smoothie.
- Peanut butter or almond butter.
- Pure maple syrup. This creamy strawberry banana smoothie is naturally sweet, but if you feel like you need a little more sweetness, add a teaspoon of maple syrup.
- Vanilla extract. Absolutely optional, but a great addition if you like vanilla flavor.
- Protein powder. You can add a serving of your favorite protein powder for extra protein.
- Ice cubes. Add 5-6 ice cubes if you like your smoothie extra cold or if using unfrozen fresh bananas.
How to make a creamy strawberry and banana smoothie without yogurt?
Now we have spoken about what we will need, let’s have a look at how to make a creamy strawberry banana smoothie without any yogurt.
To make a creamy smoothie you will need a good blender. A high-powered blender such as Nutribullet or Thermomix could be helpful.
Place frozen banana slices, fresh strawberries, and milk in the blender and process until the smoothie has reached a creamy and silky consistency.
How to store strawberry banana smoothies?
You might want to double this recipe so you can enjoy the second half later in the day. Simply refrigerate the leftover smoothie in an airtight container until needed. It is best to consume it on the same day.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie without yogurt
- 1 large or 2 small frozen bananas, approximately half a cup.
- 1 handful of ripe strawberries, approximately 80 grams.
- 1 cup of milk of your choice.
- Place all ingredients along with any add ons, if using, in a food processor and blend until the smoothie has reached a silky, creamy consistency.
What are your favorite smoothie recipes? Let me know in the comments below.