Seriously, how good do these golden gluten-free carrot crepes look? And the best part? They taste absolutely delicious too! If you are stuck for gluten-free wraps options, this recipe is for you. Don't forget to pin it.
If you have been following a gluten-free diet for a while, you will know how difficult it is to find a wrap that is delicious and doesn't come with a very long ingredients list. Unfortunately, gluten-free signs on food packaging don't always mean that they are healthy or good for you. Way too often cheap starches are used, such as corn and potato starch, gums, and emulsifiers to add structure and flexibility to gluten-free bread and wraps. My golden crepes however are made with only three ingredients - carrot, egg, and buckwheat flour. You can add some herbs to add more flavour. So simple and so delicious. I always wonder why so many ingredients are needed to create something as simple as a wrap.
What I love about this recipe especially, is that it is very versatile. You can enjoy these crepes for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. They can be filled with anything you like. I filled mine with hummus, smoked salmon, and rocket leaves, but you can add any ingredients you want. Next, I am going to try the feta and avocado option, maybe adding some shredded chicken, I am sure it will be amazing too.
What do you need to make these crepes
To make these gluten-free carrot crepes you will need a powerful blender. I used a Thermomix. You will have to blend water and carrot until the carrots are completely blended and no chunks are left.
And now, let's have a closer look at how to make these delicious gluten-free carrot crepes.
Healthy carrot crepes with salmon and hummus
- MAKES TWO CREPES
- 1 carrot approximately 50g, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 large egg
- 50 ml of water you might need some more if the mixture is too thick
- 25 g buckwheat flour
- pinch of salt
- ½ any herbs you like try cumin and coriander or some dry Italian herbs
- Put the carrot, egg, and water into the food processor and blend until you have smooth orange liquid. If using a Thermomix blend on 9 for 30 seconds.
- Add flour, salt, and herbs if using and mix well to combine.
- Heat a medium-size frying pan on medium heat. Brush the frying pan with some olive oil using a pastry brush.
- Add half of the mixture into the frying pan and swirl it around until it is distributed evenly around the frying pan.
- You will have to do it quite quickly, otherwise, you end up with a very thick crepe.
- Cook the crepe for a couple of minutes, then turn it around using a spatula and cook for another minute.
- Brush the frying pan with some more olive oil. Add the remaining mixture and repeat.
- Now you have two beautiful golden carrot crepes. Enjoy!