What can be better than homemade bread? Delicious homemade GLUTEN-FREE bread of course! Made with wholesome ingredients, this yeast-free bread recipe is a keeper.
The post has extra tips to make sure the recipe comes out amazing on your first try. If you're in a rush, use the link above to jump to the recipe card at the end! 👩🍳🔝
I love this gluten-free bread recipe because it is delicious and easy to make. It is naturally free from wheat and is also free from dairy, yeast, and xanthan gum. It is a great recipe for people on restrictive diets.
To make the gluten-free yeast free bread we will following ingredients:
- Almond flour or almond meal
- Tapioca flour (or arrowroot flour): Available in Asian stores or the Asian aisle in supermarkets
- Eggs: Use free-range or organic eggs if possible
- Chia Seeds
- Flaxseed meal, or use psyllium husk
- Gluten-free baking soda
- Milk of your choice
- Maple Syrup
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Seeds and nuts of your choice to sprinkle on top, such as pepitas or sunflower seeds
Find the full list of ingredients in the recipe card below 👇
Substitutions & Variations
- Milk. You can use any type of milk - dairy, almond, or coconut milk.
- Maple syrup. You can substitute maple syrup with honey.
- Extra virgin olive oil can be swapped for coconut oil.
- Use chia eggs to make this recipe vegan. Scroll down to see how to make a chia egg.
We haven't tried any substitutions or variations for this recipe. If you experiment, please let us know how it goes!
How to make gluten-free bread without yeast
This delicious gluten-free bread is extremely easy to make, no bread machine is required.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F)
- Prepare a bread loaf pan by lining it with parchment paper. Alternatively, you can use nonstick tin or silicon tin, which is my favorite.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix to combine.
- Place all wet ingredients in another mixing bowl and combine. You can use a hand mixer to speed up the process.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix all together until well combined. No rise time is required.
- Transfer the bread dough to the prepared tin.
- Sprinkle seeds and nuts on top, if using.
- Bake gluten-free bread for 40 minutes at 180°C (360°F).
- Let the bread cool down for 10 minutes before transferring it onto a cooling rack. Enjoy at room temperature fresh or toasted.
How to serve
There are so many ways to enjoy this yeast free bread.
Toast slices of bread and spread them with your favorite toppings. You can use butter, nut butter, cream cheese, or smashed avocado for a delicious and satisfying option.
Use it to create gluten-free and yeast-free sandwiches. Top them with your preferred ingredients, such as deli meats, cheese, vegetables, or spreads.
To freeze, cut it into slices and freeze it in the Ziploc bag or airtight container. You can leave it in the freezer for up to 3 months, but I bet it won't stay there for so long. Defrost on a plate for a couple of minutes and toast.
No, neither coconut flour nor rice flour will work in this recipe.
No, this recipe can only be made by using almond flour. No other gf flours will work.
In general, it should be done in 40 minutes. However, you can use a toothpick trick to check if the bread is cooked through. Insert the pick into the middle of the loaf, if it comes out dry, the bread is ready.
How to store
This gluten-free bread maintains its freshness in the fridge when stored in an airtight container, staying delicious for up to 4 days. I particularly enjoy a toasted slice paired with smashed avocado—it's soo yum!
To freeze, cut the bread loaf into slices and store it in a Ziploc bag or airtight container. It can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months, although I doubt it will stay there for that long. When ready to enjoy, defrost on a plate for a couple of minutes and then toast.
Expert Tips 👩🍳
- How to make chia egg: combine 1 tablespoon of chia seeds with 2 ½ tablespoon of water. One chia egg equals 1 chicken egg.
- Almond meal/flour can be expensive, especially when buying at the grocery store. I buy mine in bulk at the Whole Foods store and refrigerate it.
Have you tried this yeast free bread recipe? If so, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could leave a star rating and share your thoughts in a comment. Your feedback means a lot to me, and it can also help others who are interested in trying it out. Thank you and Thank you and happy baking!! 🌟👩🍳
Watch how to make yeast free bread without yeast
Delicious Yeast Free Gluten Free Bread Recipe
- 2 Cups almond flour
- ½ Cups tapioca flour or arrowroot flour
- 3 Eggs organic or free-range if possible or use chia eggs
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon fax seed meal or psyllium husk
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ Cup milk of your choice
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 Handful of Seeds or nuts of your choice to sprinkle on top
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (360'F) and line the loaf tin with parchment paper if not using nonstick tin. I love my silicon tin because it is so easy to use.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a big bowl
- Mix all wet ingredients in another bowl
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together until well combined
- Pour the bread dough in the tin.
- Sprinkle seeds and nuts on top if using.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Use a toothpick to check if the bread is baked through. Insert the toothpick into the middle of the loaf, if it comes out dry, bread is ready.
- Cool bread a little before taking it out of the tin and place it on the cooling rack to cool completely.