Oh, hi there! Thank you for stopping by. Did this delicious roasted broccoli with parmesan and lemon recipe get your attention? It looks delicious, doesn't it? And you know what, you are right! The crispy, slightly salty from the parmesan, and just a touch lemony broccoli taste as good as they look.
I like broccoli. It tastes amazing in soups and salads. I even can eat it raw. But my favorite way to eat the broccoli is definitely roasted. In case you didn't know, broccoli originated in Italy. It contains very powerful compounds like brassinin and sulforaphane which are associated with a reduced risk of many cancers. In fact, consuming onlly 80 to 160 grammes of cooked broccoli a week will reduce your chance of getting prostate cance by whooping 59 per cent and ovarian cancer by 33 per cent. Lucky enough for us, broccoli taste amazing and it shouldn't be a problem to encorporate it into our weekly meal plan.
This recipe like all my recipes is simple, nutritious easy to make, and family-friendly. I promise it will only take 10 minutes to prepare it and 20 minutes to bake.
So let's have a look at how you make this most delicious roasted broccoli with parmesan and lemon.
The most delicious roasted broccoli with parmesan and lemon
- 1 big head of broccoli or 2 small ones torn into small florrets.
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan + reserve 2 tbsp
- 3 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- zest of one lemon use an organic or unwaxed variety
- Freshly-squeezed lemon juice of ½ lemon use the one you grated the zest from. Reserve the other half.
- ½ teaspoon salt. I use pink Himalayan salt.
- Preheat your oven to 200'C (400'F)
- Put grated parmesan, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt in a small mixing ball and stir to combine.
- Arrange the broccoli florets on a baking tray lined with baking paper or a silicone sheet.
- Sprinkle the lemon-parmesan mix on top of the florets and toss well to combine, so all broccoli florets are covered with the mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until broccoli is slightly browned on the edges.
- Sprinkle the reserved parmesan and lemon juice, toss and serve. Enjoy!